SUNDAY SEVEN......
"7 of my favorite things with LANDON"
1. Play Time - I cherish these moments that I have to get down on the floor and play with my lil guy. He loves his Baby Einstein Activity Mat and has so much fun hitting the dangle toys and loves looking at the lights. He's also been enjoying his Einstein Jumperoo and has learned to touch the ground with his toes in order to bounce up and down. We also have a car seat toy that he loves to play with, along with his new light up toy computer Daddy got him and many other small toys. And "Fido" (his lil blue doggie) is also one of his fav's!
If any of you know me very well you know that I'm not a morning person. Well, 5am is me and Landon's play time...that's his new wake time (unfortunately) and Daddy doesn't take him to daycare until 7:15am, so I find myself playing with Landon for about an hour every morning. Fortunately Landon is so happy in the mornings and full of smiles, so it definitely lights up my mornings and makes it tolerable (lol!). I'm thinking Landon is going to be a morning person....augh...sigh, sigh!
2. Bath Time - I love, love, love bath time. For some reason this is my favorite thing to do with Landon, therefore I rarely let Daddy do it because I'm selfish and want that time with him. I feel it's my biggest bonding time with my lil guy. The past few weeks he has discovered "splashing" and the first night he did this I could not stop laughing. He was splashing so hard that water was flying everywhere! He was splashing it into his own eyes and they were all red and watery but he still wouldn't stop. :) He was having way too much fun! So recently I've been giving him a few bath toys (rubber duck and water books) and I think he's loving bath time even more than he did before!
3. Interacting - This is by far the best! When their a baby they just lay there and sleep all the time and they have no idea who you are. Now it's so much fun that he knows Mommy & Daddy and loves playing at this stage. Playing and talking with Landon is so much fun and we look forward to interacting with him even more in the next few months.
4. Giggles & Smiles - Okay, so Landon smiles ALL the time now, we absolutely love it! He feeds off of your smiles and silly faces, etc....like I always tell Jeff, it's the one time now that I feel I can act silly/crazy all the time and it's allowed. At least Landon loves it anyway. :) Daddy has found his ticklish spot (under his arms) and can seem to make him giggle all the time. Daddy definitely loves play time with his little boy!
5. Our lil Trooper - I definitely have to say that Landon is quite the trooper for his age. I know alot of babies/infants that can't stand noise and chaos and cries when it's too loud or when it's past their bedtime. Not Landon...he loves the loud and chaos and is definitely a "people watcher", just like his Mommy! We went to the Ellis' Christmas Party and all of the babies went to bed or left early and Landon stayed up the entire time we were there (till 12:30am!), just looking around and watching everyone...he even enjoyed the loud karaoke! We have always taken him places and haven't kept him on a strict schedule since day 1 and I think this has really helped. Sometimes I think strict schedules are overrated. :) We enjoy the flexibility we have with Landon, although we know that this could change anyday.
6. Milestones - Each milestone is so special and makes you realize how fast time flies by. It's fun to see Landon smile, laugh, play, sit up (really good but with a little support), roll over halfway (he's trying so hard and he's almost there!), hold his head up strong, sit in a highchair, eat cereal from a spoon, focus on objects and follow them side to side...and watch Mommy and Daddy walk around the room, put all of his weight on his legs and dance with Mommy (lol!), and the list goes on and on. We are looking forward to each and every milestone, especially when he fully sits up on his own, starts to crawl, and then walks. We're really excited for the walking!!
7. Cuddling - I love my cuddle time with Landon and never want it to go away. For some reason I think he'll always cuddle with Mommy as I'm pretty sure he'll be a Mamma's boy...or I'm hoping anyway! When he's tired is when he really loves cuddling, and he always loves being held. He's quite the snuggler, and I'm so glad, as I know not all babies are like that.


I was wondering if you would ever bring this back! 5 am is early, but I'm sure it's all worth it while playing with your little guy!! I still don't like bathtime...haha! It depends on the day but sometimes I just bring Johannah with me in the shower! Some of my friends do that too which we agree it does save some time if you're in a hurry. Landon did GREAT at Kobe's, and he is a trooper! Johannah's the same way...she does have a schedule for the most part, but if we want to do something during the day or night (dinner/parties/Rivermen game/Bradley game) she's in OUR schedule ;-). Nick always says that our kids need to adjust to our lifestyle which I agree with. For the milestones, you're going to LOVE it when he starts holding his bottle, starts sitting up, gives kisses (seriously the BEST), and crawling for the first time. Pretty much anything new they learn is great too..it just makes a momma proud! Love the post!
ReplyDeleteOh, and you need to update your 'about me'...you already had Landon ;-)
ReplyDelete