On Wednesday, December 23rd we took Landon to get his 4-month immunizations...1 oral and 3 shots. Thankfully Daddy goes with us cause Mommy would have a hard time holding him while getting these done. Although I sit across from them and watch it all...that seems to be easier than being the one holding him while he cries. This time was definitely alot harder than the last time. Landon reacted differently and you could tell he was in alot more pain, and his thigh actually swelled up pretty bad and was red for hours after. We were a little concerned since this didn't happen the last time but the nurse just said to keep an eye on it the rest of the evening. Again I gave him a dose of Tylenol an hour before the shots and had a bottle ready after they were done, but this time nothing seemed to help...he screamed and cried for a little while and it was so hard to see him like this...as a Mommy (well and Daddy too) it just breaks your heart and you wish you could get the shots for them. Thankfully Landon slept when we got home and seemed to be feeling better, although his thigh was still swollen for a few more hours. I decided to give him a bath to soothe him and so I could get the 3 bandaids off of his legs...I knew those would kill if I just tried ripping them off. Oh the 'little' things you have to think of now as a Mommy. :)
Lydia got a red mark on her leg too.... drove me crazy that the shots did that to her- she didn't seem to mind- but I worried so much about them.... I am just thankful that we live in a time that they can get shots and not the diseases/illnesses that they could otherwise get! I am so happy to see that landon continues to thrive! He is such a cute little guy!
ReplyDelete