Friday, October 16, 2009

Sleeping through the night!

Exciting News: the past 3 nights Landon has slept through the night!!! Yippee!! I think this is really good for only being 8 weeks old. Although we know it may not continue, our fingers are crossed that it will. I am reading the 'Baby Sleep Solution' book that teaches you how to get your little one to sleep 12 hours at 12 weeks of age. While I have not started Step 1 yet (to up his formula to 6oz. and feed 4 times a day), we did up it a half ounce and have started swaddling him only at night time, that way he knows the difference between day and night, and we finally started putting him in his own room at night with his white noise cd on. Although he's still sleeping in his carseat, we wanted to get him used to his room and I needed him out of our room cause he makes loud noises all night long and that keeps me awake. I'm honestly not in a hurry to get him in his crib, as he has started spitting up some and we're still not sure if he might have the acid reflux, so we want/need to keep him elevated at night. The carseat allows us to do that. Thankfully he has only gotten up for 1 feeding the past few nights...we're making good progress...and Mommy is loving it! Oh sleep, how much I've missed you!!! :-)
I am so proud of my little boy!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. getting up for one feeding isn't bad at all!!!! i'm sure a few weeks ago it was hard to believe that he would actually sleep at night, but it's possible! definitely yay for sleep!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so happy for you! Hopefully he'll keep it up!

    ReplyDelete